5. Fame.
Wait, I'm supposed to feel empathy for a bunch of rich spoiled kids at an elite high school in NYC? I think I liked this movie better when it was rated R & called "Boogie Nights".
4. Flashdance.
Jennifer Beals - not believable as a welder, a stripper, OR (in later years in "The L Word") a lesbian.
3. Footloose
Yeah, yeah, I know it was the beginning of the phenom known as Kevin Bacon, but the plot is awful and they put Sammy Hagar on the soundtrack. Hagar!? Please.
2. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
SJP, Helen Hunt, Shannon Doherty, and dreamy "Jeff". Also, best 80's dance movie theme song (extra points for having the same title as the movie).
1. Dirty Dancing.
THE dance movie of the 80s. Who doesn't love it, despite the statutory rape overtones? Small point deduction for Senor Swayze's crooning on the soundtrack. Really, we don't need to see you dance with your shirt off AND hear you sing. But what ever happened to Jennifer Grey?
No comments:
Post a Comment