Thursday, December 20, 2007

Can't I just leave town already?

We have nothing on the husband of the old property manager, which means we can't deny him. She doesn't know that, yet.

One of the tenants I am taking to court on the 3rd is being a pain in the ass. I expected it from her, but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I even moved our weekly meeting to our main office because I knew if we had it in my office on the property she would waste an hour of our time with a song and dance number.

Yesterday someone pulled the fire alarm in the building next to the office, which means the fire dept. shows up and we have to re-set the alarm. The electrical box for the building and the alarm is in the office building, and when she went down there the maintenance lady noticed that due to all the snow and ice on the roofs, the building is leaking. People's light fixtures are leaking, water is coming down their window frames, and water is dripping onto the electrical box. This means no fire alarm. A company has to come move / re-wire the electrical box, and we had to go buy smoke detectors for each apartment (the old ones all work on the fire alarm system, which is shorted out). So I just charged $130 worth of smoke alarm on my credit card at Home Depot. Also, we had to get people to come shovel off the roofs.

The maintenance lady had to catch a flight for CA at 4 pm, so she fixed what she could before she left, and today the resident services coordinator is throwing a "Holiday Party" for the kids. His girlfriend made cookies and he is doing crafts with the kids. I want no part of this, but I'm sure I'll be sucked into it somehow... and here he is, ready to party. Got to run...

No comments: