I have been wanting to institute a parking policy here for awhile - there are a ton of cars parked in the parking lot that don't belong to residents, and a ton of cars that do belong to residents but that don't run, don't have any plates, or are otherwise illegal and /or useless.
I haven't started this parking policy yet because I have more pressing things to deal with, and before we can start enforcing it I will have to write a lease addendum, check with the proper authorities to make sure it's legal, and then all the tenants will have to come into the office and sign the lease addendum.
Today, the tenant who started the whole buzz about the old property manager stealing money was having a fit because she couldn't find a spot to park behind her building. Note: there are plenty of vacant parking spots, because only about half of the apartments are filled, there just weren't any behind her building. She got mad at another tenant in her building because they were taking up 2 parking spots (the tenant who yelled obscenely at me after I stuck a parking violation sticker on her car for parking illegally) , and you can imagine the shouting match that ensued. This occurred just as a prospective tenant was leaving my office after filling out an application. Awkward.... But, she's going to figure out the way of the neighborhood sometime. Better now before she goes through with the application process than after she forks over her money.
I thought to myself "I could go outside and tell then to stop fighting, but then they are just going to start yelling at me & want me to tell one of them that the other is wrong, and, to be honest, if they get carried away and one or both of them calls the cops my day will be much more interesting."
Sure enough, after they were done yelling first 1 then the other came into my office to complain about how the other was parking. I nod and sympathize and tell them about my plan for a parking policy, but refuse to assign parking stalls, which is what they both want.
No comments:
Post a Comment