I hate turning down people for apartments. Even though I know they won't pay their rent, they will be bad tenants, they will have problems with noise and traffic and the police and neighbors, it's my least favorite part of this job. Worse than evicting people.
Everyone needs a place to live. Everyone deserves a place to live. And in the sort of neighborhood I am in, if people don't get approved here, they probably won't get approved anywhere. Meaning that after this neighborhood, the next stop is living with a family member, in a shelter, or the street.
Ok, to be fair, there are plenty of scummy private landlords who will take them. but the rent will be twice as much.
I can't say I'll be surprised if I wind up addicted to pain killers. I hope the press is kinder to me than Rush Limbaugh. Oh, wait, I don't get any press. No worries, then.
No comments:
Post a Comment