Let's take a fun poll!
Q: What the hell should I do with my life?
(Note: Anything that involves moving to another country is currently not an option as I don't have a valid passport. )
A) Keep your current job. You don't like it and it's a lot of stress, but it pays well.
B) Go back to school! Sure you have no clue what you'd study and you'd just end up in a lot of debt, but at least you get to do something stimulating and rewarding.
C) Move to Mexico. The weather's nicer and your Spanish skills would get a much needed brush-up.
D) Quit your job, take the vacation you haven't had in 4 years, come back to town and work at a grocery store.
E) Waste away in an existential funk - who cares about you and your job? None of it means anything, anyway.
F) Pop out a couple kids. You'll be too busy to notice you're miserable and by the time you do it'll be too late anyway.
4 comments:
TFU,
Topic 1: I vote for - in order of preference - (b), (d) and (f).
Topic 2: I am dismayed at a certain line of reasoning expressed in this blog post:
1) opposing players hit me with cheap shots
2) I take cheap shot at opposing player
3) said cheap shot wins the bout for my team
4) I now feel sense of quilt for taking cheap shot
My god! Who taught you this twisted ethic?
Bask to basics:
1) Someone leans on you; you lean on that someone, harder.
2) The phrase "It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game" was written by someone who certainly didn't win and probably didn't even play the game.
3) If winning isn't the most important thing, why do they keep score?
4) If we all played strictly by the rules, what would the referees do for a living?
5) Players put on pads and a helmet for a reason, and that reason should be you.
6) Contact sports are war games. WAR games.
- Pa Undertakker
I'd probably order them C then D then F. A is low on the list, which is a shame because it results in great stories, but C would probably more than make up for that. Make sure you have internet access for C. D would also be good, but no need for the pessimism about the grocery store (assuming that the thought of working for a grocery store is a pessimistic one). F would be nice for the rest of us, since we could visit your cute babies and you could make them grow up awesome, but you know you'd have to raise them n'all, so it wouldn't be as much upside for you.
no babies. move to argentina.
You will kindly note that the 2nd line of the blog says "I don't have a valid passport".
Look for a blog entry on option F) "popping out a couple kids".
Post a Comment