So I had my weekly meeting with all my supervisors / over-seers / handlers today.
It's getting harder and harder for me to hide my sarcasm and control my facial expressions at these meetings.
For example, I am behind on some re-certification paperwork that needs to be done annually because it fell by the wayside in the process of getting rid of the old property manager and installing me. And because I am only here 24 hours a week and am still trying to figure out how to do this job. Also, I am trying to process paperwork for POTENTIAL residents first, as our occupancy is way down. Low occupancy looks bad to our investors and the city, and everyone else we are counting on for big bucks to bail the property out of debt.
Also also, huge amounts of my time have been wasted trying to sort out the whole "misappropriated funds" issue and various other problems created by the old property manager.
While brainstorming how I can catch up on said paperwork, my supervisor suggested I take the paperwork with me to the other job I do for the agency and do it there as overtime hours. OR, HOW ABOUT THIS: YOU COULD JUST GIVE ME MORE HOURS HERE, THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE TO PAY ME OVER TIME!
It became increasingly hard for me to not voice my displeasure when the executive director was going on and on about re-decorating the office. YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO PAY ME TO BE HERE FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS A WEEK, WE CAN'T PAY ANY OF THE PROPERTY'S BILLS, BUT YOU WANT TO SPEND HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON NEW OFFICE FURNITURE AND RE-PAINTING THE OFFICE.
My head hurts.
To top it off, the old property management company, who is still handling all of the accounting, applied half of all the current residents' security deposits to their accounts last week. This is to help them pay off their back balance, and I don't have a problem with it, but what I DO have a problem with is the company doing it before the tenants signed a consent form allowing them to do the transfer. The tenants all got a letter in the mail TODAY telling them to come to the office and sign a form if they wanted the money transferred to their account, not knowing it has all ready been done. Some of the tenants came into the office and DIDN'T want it done, so now the company has to transfer that money BACK off the tenants' accounts to their security deposit. WHY NOT JUST WAIT UNTIL AFTER WE SENT OUT THE LETTERS? IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH LESS WORK, NOT TO MENTION , YOU KNOW, LEGAL.
Why did I stop drinking this month?
No comments:
Post a Comment